Eye vitamins are essential for your presbyopia eyesight. Consuming foods and nutritional supplements that contain essential vitamins is the best tip for eye health. To protect your eyesight from serious diseases make sure that you have daily-recommended amount of vitamins and minerals.
Remember your childhood? How did you learn about the importance of vitamins for your eye health? Your mother always told you to eat carrots because they are good for your eyes. That’s the casual way of learning about eye vitamins and eye care.
Eye Vitamins That Protect Eyesight
Many researches have found that certain vitamins that contain antioxidants can help you to maintain your eye health. These vitamins include vitamin A, C and E.
- Vitamin A. You can find the vitamin in Cod liver oil, liver, carrots and sweet potato. Vitamin A may reduce the risk of blindness and death from increased vulnerability to eye infection.
- Vitamin C. The vitamin can be found in broccoli, strawberries and oranges. Vitamin C may reduce your risk of cataracts and glaucoma.
- Vitamin E. Nuts are the source of all of your vitamin E needs. Vitamin E may reduce your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
These vitamins can be found in many different sources of fruits (vitamin C) and vegetables (vitamin A) and grains (vitamin E). Your body can’t make them on it’s own, so get these vitamins through a proper diet and/or supplements.
Eye Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements
There are many different vitamins and nutritional supplements for eye health on the market. They usually contain the daily-recommended amount of the vitamins and minerals found.
It’s usually easy to obtain further information of certain vitamin supplements. Their details of product’s ingredients would normally be on the box or instructions leaflet in the product box.
If you have a healthy diet, which includes sufficient fresh fruits and vegetables, normally you don’t need to eat supplements.
You may want to add supplements, if your diet doesn’t include enough fresh fruit and vegetables. Or, if your body doesn’t adequately absorb the vitamins they contain. So, taking supplements is not a substitute for a healthy diet.
Good Diet for Eyesight Protection
Both eye doctors and dieticians agree that a healthy, balance diet can help to protect your eyesight. Follow these tips for your daily eye care:
- Eat a good diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Ask an advice from your eye doctor whether you need vitamins and/or nutritional supplements
- Protect your eyes from direct sunlight. Wearing quality sunglasses is recommended.
- Have an eye examination at least every two years.