Designer sunglasses offer both eye protection and great visual appearance. If you love outdoor activities a pair of quality sunglasses can help you to look fashionable as well as protect your eyes from the negative effects of sun rays.
Famous designers such as Guess, Donna Karan, or Fendi usually design and market their own sunglasses brand names but outsource the manufacturing and distribution to carefully selected eyewear companies. The result is eyewear frames that are right for overall fashion image they want to create.
Like regular sunglasses, sunglasses from fashion designers are designed to protect you against sun’s rays. They provide protection from UV radiation and glare. A special design of sunglasses, for example, is ideal for beach volleyball because it also increases contrast or depth perception.
Authentic Designer Sunglasses Versus Cheap Replica Sunglasses
Designer sunglasses are the answer to your vision needs if you want the best eyewear. The genuine sunglasses are designed to protect your eyes and can easily be suited to your lifestyle or specific use. Also, they are durable or more likely to last for a long time.
The following features and benefits are some proofs that the fashion sunglasses designer brands are far more superior than their fake counterparts. As you may have guessed they are much more expensive than fake or replica sunglasses.
Features and Benefits of High End Designer Sunglasses
The following list of benefits can help you to decide which sunglasses will suit your needs:
- Ultraviolet (UV) protection. Ultraviolet damages the cornea and the retina. This feature may be the most important one for regular outdoor activities that exposed your eyes to excessive sunlight. Sunglasses with UV coating protect you from cataracts and macular degeneration caused by your eyes’ UV absorption.
- Glare protection. Excessive light intensity, direct from sunlight or reflect off from sea surface or snow, damages the retina. Polarized sunglasses can block light entering your eyes by as much as 97 percent to avoid such damage.
- Eliminates certain light frequencies. Frequencies of light can blur or contrast your vision. Colored sunglasses let you work better in specific situations by filtering unwanted frequencies of light. For example, if your sport is water skiing wearing purple tints sunglasses offers you with the best contrast of objects against blue background.
The above benefits are usually offered in the following features:
- Lens material. As you may know, there are two general types of lens material: plastic and glass. While plastic lenses are lighter and more impact resistant, glass lenses are heavier but more resistant to scratches.
- Lens darkness. What is your ultimate wearing objective? If you love snow skiing sports you need lenses that block most light. But if your activity mainly is driving then 60 to 70 percent light block is sufficient for mild protection.
- Special coatings. Do you need increased clarity or to block certain types of light? There are designed that provide anti-reflective, scratch resistant, polarization and tinting coatings.
- Frame design. Depending on your specific need you may choose many options from normal frames similar to your eyeglasses to wrap-around frames that protect you from direct light, reflected light and ambient light as well.
- Frame material. The inexpensive sunglasses use simple plastic or wire frames. But designer sunglasses use high strength, light weight composite or metal frames.
The Best Designer Sunglasses Brands for Women and Men
- Rayban Sunglasses are the most imitated sunglasses models. You can find Rayban sunglasses for women and men review and the best price for a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses.
- Maui Jim Sunglasses are for perfect eyewear for those who love the sun. Consider getting a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and be a fashionable look while keeping the glare out of your eyes.
- Oakley Sunglasses mean eye protection and a greater look. Get Oakley sunglasses review plus discount sunglasses for women and men.
- Bolle Sunglasses have won a high quality reputation among the world’s sportsmen and sportswomen. You can get a polarized Bolle sunglasses review and compare prices of the eyewear.
- Serengeti sunglasses have long been a favorite of drivers and pilots. Get Serengeti sunglasses review and the best price for women and men sunglasses.
Authentic Designer Sunglasses Best Price