Acuvue Oasys for presbyopia contacts enable you to see clearly at all distances, even with low light.
If you’re beginning to find it difficult to read fine print chances are you have a pair of reading glasses handy or avoid reading at all. Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus can help you keep wearing lenses as long as you are awake, without losing vision clarity and comfort.
Those who have been wearing contacts for some time the contact lenses may not be as clear and comfortable as before. If your eyes become easily tired or dry Acuvue Oasys contacts for presbyopia can help.
Like Acuvue bifocal, Acuvue Oasys multifocal contacts come in with Stereo Precision Technology for vision improvement. But the manufacturer also adds the Hydraclear Plus Technology for wearing comfort.
The combination of the two technologies offer crisp vision at all distance and a comfort guarantee, even in tough environments.
How Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia Contacts Work
The Stereo Precision Technology is a result of combination of aspheric and concentric ring designs, called aspheric zonal design.
According to Clspectrum, concentric designs are less dependent on pupil size but have issues with ghosting, glare, and halos. Aspheric designs offer more balanced vision across all distances but are more pupil size dependent.
The combination of the two design concepts of Acuvue Oasys contacts for presbyopia results in an aspheric zonal design.
This consists of a center-distance aspheric zone surrounded by alternating aspheric zones with the objective of balancing vision at all distances across different illumination levels while minimizing ghosting, glare, and halos issues.
What You Can Expect from Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia
There are vision compromises of Acuvue Oasys for presbyopia.
The benefit of clear near vision when looking straight-ahead and upward may be accompanied by a reduced visual acuity and depth perception for distance and near tasks. Some wearers have experienced mild blurred vision and variable vision.
This adaptation period may last for a brief period or for several weeks as you are getting used to the lenses. During this period only wear contact lenses in familiar situations.
Avoid visually demanding situations such as driving at night or working under low levels of lighting during the first days of lens wear.
For more critical tasks it’s important to discuss this vision correction issue with your eye doctor.
Benefits of Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia
- “Stereo Precision Technology” offers an optical design that balances vision near, far and in-between, across variable lighting conditions.
- Hydraclear Plus technology offers a high volume of wetting agent for all-day comfort of contact lenses, even in challenging surroundings. Lenses with this technology are very smooth to human eyes so wearers almost feels like not wearing lenses.
- Silicone Hydrogel material (senofilcon A) provides 98% of available oxygen to the eye.
- Class I – blocks up to 96% of UV-A radiation and 100% of UV-B radiation (not substitutes for UV-blocking sunglasses as contact lenses do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area).
- Visibility tint to easily see them in the case and on your finger.
Product Specifications and Parameters
- Lens Material: Senofilcon A
- Water content: 38%
- Diameter: 14.3mm
- Base Curve: 8.4mm
- Center Thickness at -3.00D (mm): 0.070mm)
- Plus lens – varies with power (e.g., +4.00D: 0.170mm)
- Power Range: -9.00D to +6.00D
- Package size: 6 lenses
Wearing and Replacement Schedules
- Wearing schedule: daily wear and extended wear
- Replacement schedule: replace every 2 weeks (daily wear) or replace with a fresh pair after 6 consecutive nights (extended wear)